Sunday, June 7, 2009

Curbris's Birthday

Yesterday was Curbris 28th birthday so we had a little get together at our house. I just love having a house it was fun to have people over and to have plenty of room for everyone. My family all came, Curbris friend D came with his wife Teffe and little boy DJ, and our old next door neighbor Suzanne came. Curbris invited a few more people but the couldn't come. For dinner I made 3 lasagnas (Curbris's favorite), rolls, and salad. I also made Curbris's birthday cake, he loves ice cream cake. Instead of ordering one I thought I would try and make one instead. I made an oreo ice cream cake and I think it came out pretty good I ran into a few problems but I made it totally work.

Here is the finished cake.

I did a crappy job on the writing on top the hot fudge didn't pipe out as well as I wanted it to.

I used whipped cream to ice the cake and than I smashed oreo cookies and put them on the side and on top.
I think Karma and Sadie loved having everybody at our house and they liked having Hopies and DJ to play with.
As the girls were playing they found some goggles so they all had to put them on and take a picture.
Karma put the goggles on upside down.

Hopies loved wearing the goggles the most.

I tried to take a picture of Sadie with the goggles on and every time she would run away. Than finally I got this picture. I love this picture so I think it was worth all the attempts.

Singing Happy Birthday to Curbris.Making a wish and blowing out the candles.

This what the cake look likes inside. The bottom layer is devil's food cake, than I did a thin layer of hot fudge. Next I did a layer of cookies and cream ice cream and than another layer of devil's food cake. That is when I ran into problems since they were thin layers of cake, the cake broke on me. So I just broke up the cake a spread it over the ice cream and than topped it with the last layer of ice cream.

It came out great and tasted really good. I am pretty hard on myself when it come to baking and cooking, but I was actually pretty proud of myself.
Overall I think Curbris had a great birthday he received a lot of things he needed and treated himself to a few things. Thank you to everyone who was able to come and make it a fun night.



No comments:

Post a Comment