Friday, November 13, 2009

I Love Pumpkin!

I really love pumpkin, it is great in cookies, muffins, cakes, pies, soups, pasta............ I have really been craving something with pumpkin so I decided this morning to make some mini pumpkin muffins. I found a really simple recipe that can be used for muffins or cookies. Here is the recipe:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins/Cookies
1 spice cake mix
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
1 cup of chocolate chips ( I used mini chocolate chips since I was doing mini muffins.)
1 egg (the original recipe doesn't call for an egg but I added one to thin the batter a little)

Mix cake mix and pumpkin together until well blended and all moist. Mix in chocolate chips. Now is where you get to choose. For cookies: drop by the spoonful on cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray and bake at 350 for 8 to 15 minutes, time depends on how big you make them. For muffins: fill greased or lined muffin tins. Fill the muffin tin full, the batter won't rise that much. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

I got 48 mini muffins from this recipe. I also only cooked the muffins for about 15-20 minutes. I topped the muffins with cream cheese frosting. Here is the recipe:
Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
8 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
Here are my kitchen helpers. Can u tell Karma just woke up?

Muffins fresh out of the oven. They are good just like this, but even better with cream cheese frosting.
Karma helping me frost the cupcakes, Sadie didn't want to help us.
Here are a few of our finished muffins, some of them have fall sprinkles on them because Karma thought they looked better with sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment