Monday, December 21, 2009

Xanyae Phoenix James

Thursday morning I woke up early with painful contractions, so I started timing them. They seemed to be getting closer so I got up and got everybody ready, but than all of a sudden they stopped. I was a little frustrated because I was ready to pop this baby out. My mom decided to come and get the girls anyways. So me and Curbris decided to hit the mall and walk, we also finished up our Christmas shopping. I was still having strong contractions, but they were still to far apart. We ended up going back home so that I could rest. After laying in bed for about an hour the contractions came back really strong and close together. I told Curbris it was time to head to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital I was already 6 cm dilated, so they rolled me into my labor and delivery room. I asked for an epidural and my doctor came in to check on me. I had quickly progressed to 8 cm. They asked me if I still wanted an epidural and I was tempted to say no, but I really wanted a little break from the pain. I got my epidural, rested for a few mins. and than it was time to push. It didn't take me to long to push him out. Xanyae Phoenix James was born at 8:05 p.m. He weighed 7lbs. 14 oz. (a lot smaller than I thought he would be) and was 21.75 inches long. This has been my fasted labor and by far the easiest. Maybe next time I will be brave enough to do the whole thing with no epidural and than again maybe not.
Welcome to the world Xanyae!!

Our perfect little boy!!!

A very excited daddy.

Seriously I hate taking pictures after I delivery a baby, but I know when my kids get older they will like to see these pictures.
Curbris found this doctor's mask in our room and had to take a picture with it on.
I love taking pictures of babies when they are sleeping. They look so cute and peaceful when they sleep.
Me and my new little man.
I was sad that the girls were not allowed to see him the hospital because of the swine flu, so we had to take this picture without them.
What a little cutie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment