Monday, March 29, 2010

Recipe Monday

Last week Curbris came home from work and told me he wanted me to make some cupcakes for one of his co-workers birthday to take in the next day. I wasn't exactly thrilled doesn't he realize that I have a lot on my plate with 3 kids and it is not so easy to whip up cupcakes. Well I felt bad so I finally caved in and made cupcakes. I had a few cake mixes in my pantry, but I knew that they would be expecting more than a cake mix and canned frosting cupcake. So I made up a recipe for an oreo cupcake. Everybody at Curbris work loved the cupcakes, so today I am sharing my oreo cupcake recipe.
Oreo cupcakes


1 white cake mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
3/4 package of oreo cookies (smashed up)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla


Preheat oven to 350. Beat cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, than on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in 1 and 1/2 cups of oreo crumbs and than pour into cupcake liners. Bake for 16-21 minutes. Frost when cooled.
To make frosting: in a small bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together sugar, butter and salt until creamy. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fully. Add vanilla, beating until frosting is smooth. Stir in the rest of the oreo crumbs.



Recipe Source: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment