Monday, July 26, 2010

Recipe Monday

Today's recipe is for Cinnamon Knots. A couple years ago when I was in Utah visiting family my Aunt Brenda gave me a book called, Rhodes Fresh Ideas with Frozen Dough. It is a book based on recipes using Rhodes frozen dough. I recently pulled out the book and found a few recipes that I wanted to try. This is the first recipe that I have tried from the book and I plan on try more. These cinnamon knots are very simple to make and taste the best fresh out of the oven.
Cinnamon Knots

12 Rhodes rolls, thawed but still cold

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter, melted

Icing

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tablespoon butter, melted

2-3 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix cinnamon with sugar. Roll each roll into a 9-inch rope. Tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter and then cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place in a muffin tin sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size. Remove wrap. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack. Brush with icing while still warm.

Recipe Source:Rhodes Fresh Ideas With Frozen Dough

No comments:

Post a Comment