Monday, August 2, 2010

Recipe Monday

Today's recipe is for cake and not a normal cake, but a wacky cake. The reason this recipe is called a wacky cake is because some of the ingredients are not what you find in a typical cake recipe. This recipe uses no eggs or butter, instead you use oil, water, and vinegar. The first time I baked this cake I was a little nervous because it really smelled like vinegar and I was afraid that I would only be able to taste vinegar. I was actually really surprised when I tasted the cake it was a very moist.

Wacky Cake

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2 cups water
1 cup oil
2 tsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 375. Once cooled frost or dust with powdered sugar.

Recipe Source: A Taste of Heaven (My Aunt Lisa's ward cookbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment