Monday, May 10, 2010

Recipe Monday

Today's recipe is for an easy Marinara Sauce. Recently my favorite grocery store had a sale on canned tomatoes so I really stocked up. Since I had a ton of tomatoes I went around looking for marinara and pasta sauces to try. I came across this recipe and everybody loved, the girls even had seconds which is a shock. It is super simple to make and doesn't take a lot of ingredients.

Easy Marinara Sauce

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained ( I used two 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes and I also added a 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes.)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
hot pasta
fresh-grated parmesan cheese

Directions
In a large saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until onion is tender.
Stir all remaining ingredients in with onion mixture; heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Carefully puree hot sauce in in a food processor or blender; serve hot over cooked pasta and top with fresh-grated Parmesan cheese.

Recipe Source:Recipezaar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment