Thursday, May 28, 2009

Life of a Baker

Last night was my last night of work. I am a little sad, but so ready to start sleeping like a normal person. I have worked at BurBakers for a year and honestly I never thought I would make it that long. The reason I took this job was so that I could be home with the girls during the day and work while they were asleep. I never realized how hard it would be to run on only a few hours of sleep, but some how we made. I have a lot respect for people who work the graveyard shift it is really tough. I posted a few pictures from my last day and all the yummy things I bake during the night. I do a few more things than what I posted, but my camera battery ran out.


This is the front of the bakery because it was dark outside my camera didn't get a very good pictures, but at least you can see the sign.

This is the kitchen where I spend many nights by myself. One thing I really enjoyed about my job was that I was by myself. It was nice to have that time alone cause when I am at home I usually have somebody yelling, crying, or wanting to be held.


Here are the pictures of the different things we bake during the night.
Carrot Bars and Banana Bars. On the carrot bars we put cream cheese frosting and pipe a carrot on top and the banana bars also get cream cheese frosting with chopped walnuts on top.

Cookies, I love COOKIES!!! Most nights I would tell myself I am not going to taste any cookies, but than I smell them and look at them. I don't always give in, but I do most of the time. My favorite is of course choc. chip. We also have oatmeal raisin, oatmeal choc. chip, peanut butter, sugar, and snickerdoddle. During holidays we add more cookies, especially during Christmas. Also during holidays we decorate the sugar cookies to go along with the holiday.

Scones: Ham & Cheese, Lemon-Berry, Lemon Cream, and Strawberry. We were doing more scones, but because of summer we reduced it to 4. My favorite scone is Lemon cream it have lemon cream in the middle and on top and is garnished with lemon zest.

These are our Sticky Buns. Once these come out of the oven we flip the pan over and let the carmel topping run over the buns. The worst thing about these is if you get some of that hot carmel on your fingers it burns bad.

Cinn. Rolls, these are so good. Once we pull them out of the oven we put a scoop of icing on top and let it melt on the roll. I don't eat these very often and I am sure you can tell why, trust me it does take a lot of self control because they smell and look so good.

These are our croissant. We have a plain croissant and two filled croissants. The flavors of the filled croissants are: cream cheese and blueberry(Curbris favorite).

These are all the muffins that we serve. We have blueberry, raspberry, banana nut, lemon poppy(my favorite), cinn. spice, pumpkin, bran, and we also have muffin tops. Our muffins change with the seasons most of them stay the same but there are a few that change.

This what I look like after a long night of work. I am glad that I can sleep for a few months until the baby comes.


I will truly miss working at the bakery, but I have learned so much and grown a lot too. I have always wanted to work at a bakery and I am so glad that I got that opportunity to.

No comments:

Post a Comment