Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chicken Sopa and Homemade Rolls

Chicken Sopa is one of my favorite things to make it is super easy and it reminds me of when I was little. Growing up I would always request it when my mom would ask me what I wanted for my birthday dinner. Whenever I tell people the recipe they tell me that it is chicken enchiladas, but it is not what I consider enchiladas. This recipe doesn't have a lot of ingredients and I usually serve it with a salad and rolls. It also make great leftovers it always seem to taste better the next day. I hope you enjoy.

Here are the ingredients that you will need. Shredded chicken, chicken broth, can of green chilies, small can of cream chicken, big can of cream chicken, cheese, tortilla chips. I will post the recipe below with exact ingredients and instructions.

In a pot mix green chilies, chicken broth, and cream of chicken. Simmer for a few minutes.

In a baking dish layer tortilla chips, chicken, soup mixture, and a little cheese. Make 3 layers and than cover the top with cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 mins. it depends how melted you want your cheese. I like the cheese to brown a little.
Chicken Sopa
3 to 4 chicken breast boiled and shredded ( about a pound)
1 cup of chicken broth (just save a cup of liquid that you boiled the chicken in)
1 can of diced green chilies (4 oz)
1 small can of cream of chicken (10.5 oz)
1 large can of cream of chicken (26 oz)
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups of cheddar cheese ( I usually use just a little more than 2 cups)
In a pot mix green chilies, cream of chicken, and chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes. In a 13x9 baking dish layer tortilla chips, chicken, soup mixture (around 2 and half cups), and a little cheese. Repeat 2 more times and than cover the top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 mins. or until the cheese is melted. Let it cool for a few mins. and than enjoy.
Homemade rolls
I was going to make the 30 min. roll recipe, but it called for a lot of yeast and I didn't have enough, so I found another recipe. It isn't 30 mins., but it is a pretty quick roll recipe. I found the recipe for both rolls on Real Mom Kitchen's blog. With the recipe below I made a dozen big rolls, but you can easily make 2 dozen small rolls.
Molly's Roll
1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk (just heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it sit while the yeast bubbles)
1/3 cup sugar
1 package yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 T salt
1 egg
flour (about 4 1/2 cups)
In a mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let it grow until bubbly(about 5 mins.). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups of flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Let it rise in mixing bowl for about 30 mins. Form rolls as desired and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let it rise for another 30 mins. Bake at 400 for 10 to 12 mins. Brush hot rolls with melted butter.

1 comment: