Monday, February 15, 2010

Green Chili Chicken Soup

Last week we were all sick, so I wanted to make soup to help us feel better. I was looking for a good chicken soup recipe. I am kind of tried of regular chicken soup so I was looking for something a little different. For Christmas my aunt gave me a cookbook her ward had put together called, "A Taste of Heaven". In the book I found a recipe called Green Chili Chicken Soup and thought I should try it.

Green Chili Chicken Soup

2 cans chicken broth
1 carrot finely chopped
3 scallions- chopped(I used a yellow onion)
1 can chopped green chili's
2 cups diced cooked chicken
3 potatoes finely diced
1 tsp. butter/margarine(I used extra-virgin olive oil)


Saute scallions, potatoes, & carrots with butter in a sauce pan until lightly browned. Add 2 cans of chicken broth, 2 cans of water, green chilies, and chicken. Simmer for at least half an hour. Serve with shredded cheese & sour cream.

This soup was pretty good I added chili powder and cumin to give the soup more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment