Monday, February 1, 2010

Frugal Baked Ziti

I am always looking for recipes that are fast, take little time to prep, and have few ingredients. One day I came across this recipe on Easy Frugal Living and could not believe how easy it looked. I knew I had to try it and see if it tasted good. Since than it has been one of my go to meals when I don't have much time to prep. This recipe is very versatile and you can add any meat of your choice and extra vegetables.


Baked Ziti

1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 jar water
1 lb pasta (rotini, penne, ziti, elbows, shells)
8 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, mexican, mont. jack)

Mix sauce, water, and uncooked pasta in 9x13 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depends upon type of pasta used). Remove cover, stir, top with cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.

Serve with garlic toast and a salad.

Variations: add mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, or any other vegetable you need to sneak in on your kids. It doesn't take much. Meat can also be added. 1 lb of ground beef, Italian sweet pork sausage, ground turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment